
There are some of the things which I observed and really appreciate those steps taken by Swedish government.. At first they might seem to be just another means of emptying your pocket... but actually they are very effective measures towards saving our environement!
Like first of all at all the superstore you go for purchasing any food stuff, cosmetics or whatever.. they don't provide you with a plastic bag free of cost.. Most of them charge around 2 SEK (15 INR) for each plastic bag you want to take for carrying whatever you have purchased!
In the beginning I was really shocked, 'Oh My God these people have gone crazy.. they will just make me go bankrupt in a few days like this.. :P'
But when you know that system is this, from next time you start taking some bag or infact the same plastic bag which you had to purchase last time along with you while going to a superstore!
This is really a very effective way of saving our environment from the use of these dangerous plastic bags!

Another appreciable thing is about Pant, no no I am not talking about Trousers :D
Pant is the Swedish term used for plastic bottle/liquid container.. as in cold drink bottles etc.. Yes, you are guessing it right.. they charge for that plastic bottle too...
Its normally different for differnet kind of bottles, depending on size, material (plastic or metal) and other such things..
For example, for 1.5 litre Sprite bottle I had to pay an extra amount of 2SEK (15 INR), but in this case good thing is, you get your Pant deposit back, as there is Pant Sucker Machines just inside every supermarket, where you can just drop your Pant and get your depost back!!!
Very nice naa..?? yup it is.. I now that and I really appreciate Swedish efforts!! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment